Satsang is often defined as the company of like-minded people in pursuit of the truth.
bhaja govindam, bhaja govindam
bhaja govindam mudha-mate
Good and virtuous company gives rise to non-attachment. From non-attachment comes freedom from delusion. With freedom from delusion, one feels the changeless reality. Experiencing the changeless reality, one attains liberation in this life. I-AM is the ocean of awareness. Realizing this, one feels “I am not the body and mind, although I have a body and mind.” Realize Govinda, realize Govinda, realize Govinda in your heart, O wise one!
From carpata-panjanka by Shri Sankaracharya. Translation by Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati
We are happy you found us!
Welcome to the studio. We have been in Berkley since 2006 and are delighted to have you join our community. COME PRACTICE!
We are an intimate yoga studio with a big heart, located in Downtown Berkley, MI.
Our teachings are directly from the lineage of Krishnamacharya.
All classes offer depths into the philosophy of yoga through references of
The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali's Yoga Sutra.
Asana, posture practice, is the primary tool we use to explore the mind, body and spirit.
The goal: to be steady and joyful in each moment, each breath and to develop a healing relationship with the Earth.
Breath is the primary teacher.
We are made of sound + vibration.
We tune up our bodies with mantra, mantra + music that is healing.
New to Yoga? Start with a Hatha Yoga Class
Studio Etiquette: THE STUDIO IS A SACRED + SAFE SPACE
• ENTER ONLY through FRONT door on 12 Mile Rd
• A phone free zone, turn your phone off BEFORE entering the LOBBY.
• Refrain from eating 2 hrs prior to class
• Arrive 10 minutes before class
• Arrive clean, no purfumes, or heavy scents
• Classes start on time + doors lock
• Leave personal items in TRANSITIONROOM (keys, phone, purse)
• Observe Silence in studio space
• Bring your yoga mat (we do have mats you can use if needed)
• Bring a towel if you tend to sweat
SNOW EMERGENCY: BERKLEY, WED. DEC. 13 @ NOON, STUDIO IS CLOSED FOR THE EVENING.
Please check our Facebook page for timely updates regarding am classes on Thursday.