bhaktyā tv ananyayā śhakya aham evaṁ-vidho ’rjuna
jñātuṁ draṣhṭuṁ cha tattvena praveṣhṭuṁ cha parantapa
Only by constant and steady devotion
can I be seen in my true cosmic form,
known and realized.
Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita XI.54
We are happy you found us!
Welcome to the studio. We have been in Berkley since 2006 and are delighted
to have you join our community. COME PRACTICE!
We are an intimate yoga studio with a big heart, located in Downtown Berkley, MI.
Our teachings are directly from the lineage of Krishnamacharya.
All classes offer depths into the philosophy of yoga through references of
The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali's Yoga Sutra, as well as other sacred texts.
Asana, posture practice, is the primary tool we use to explore the mind, body and spirit.
The goal: to be steady and joyful in each moment, each breath and to develop a healing relationship with the Earth.
Breath is the primary teacher.
We are made of sound + vibration.
We tune up our bodies with mantra , Sanskrit and music that is uplifting and healing.
New to Yoga? Start with a Hatha Yoga Class
• The studio is a phone free zone, please turn your phone off before entering the lobby.
• Refrain from eating 2 hrs prior to class
• Arrive 10 minutes before class
• Classes start on time + doors lock
• Enter through door on 12 Mile Rd
• Leave personal items in TRANSITIONROOM
• Observe Silence in studio space
• Bring a yoga mat if you have one (we do have mats you can use if needed)
• Bring a towel if you tend to sweat