YS. 1.1 Atha Yoga Nushasanam - Now this is Yoga as I have observed in Nature
(Mother Nature shows us Yoga in Action!)
YS. 1.2 Yogas citta vritti nirodaha
Yoga exists when we do not identify with the fluctuations of the mind.
We direct the mind in the direction of CHOICE towards the good,
and in the present moment. This is an active practice. Every moment, every breath.
Yoga is perfection in ACTION -
the Bhagavad Gita!
Ch3 vs 25:
The unenlightened do things with attachment (wanting some results for themselves)
An enlightened peson does things with the same zeal, Arjuna, but without attachment
and thus guides others on the path of
selfless action (Karma Yoga)
WINTER WEATHER AND CLASSES: WHEN BERKLEY ISSUES A SNOW EMERGENCY THE STUDIO WILL CLOSE.
Please check our Facebook page for timely updates regarding class changes due to weather.
ATHA YOGA NUSHASANAM
We are happy you found us!
Welcome to the studio. We have been in Berkley since 2006 and are delighted to have you join our community. COME PRACTICE!
We are an intimate yoga studio with a big heart, located in Downtown Berkley, MI.
Our teachings are directly from the lineage of Krishnamacharya.
All classes offer depths into the philosophy of yoga through references of
The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali's Yoga Sutra.
Asana, posture practice, is the primary tool we use to explore the mind, body and spirit.
The goal: to be steady and joyful in each moment, each breath and to develop a healing relationship with the Earth.
Breath is the primary teacher.
We are made of sound + vibration.
We tune up our bodies with mantra, mantra + music that is healing.
New to Yoga? Start with a Hatha Yoga Class
STUDIO ETIQUETTE: THE STUDIO IS A SACRED + SAFE SPACE
• ENTER ONLY through FRONT door on 12 Mile Rd
• A phone free zone, turn your phone off BEFORE entering the LOBBY.
• Refrain from eating 2 hrs prior to class
• Arrive 10 minutes before class
• Arrive clean, no perfumes, or heavy scents (this includes smoke)
• Classes start on time + doors lock
• Leave personal items in TRANSITIONROOM (keys, phone, purse)
• Observe Silence in studio space
• Bring your yoga mat (we do have mats you can use if needed)
• Bring a towel if you tend to sweat