suhṛin-mitrāryudāsīna-madhyastha-dveṣya-bandhuṣu sādhuṣvapi ca pāpeṣu sama-buddhir viśiṣyate
A person stands supreme who has equal regard for friends, companions, enemies, neutral arbiters, hateful people, relatives, saints and sinners.
Bhagavad Gita VI.9
YS 1.33 maitri karuna mudita upekshanam sukha duhka punya apunya vishayanam bhavanatah chitta prasadanam
In relationships, the mind becomes purified by cultivating feelings of friendliness towards those who are happy, compassion for those who are suffering, goodwill towards those who are virtuous, and indifference or neutrality towards those we perceive as wicked or evil.
WELCOME TO HOUSE OF YOGA.
SERVING THE BERKLEY AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITY SINCE 2006
Anahata (HEART) Chakra
WITH GREAT LOVE ALL IS POSSIBLE
We are happy you found us!
Welcome to the studio. We have been in Berkley since 2006 and are delighted to have you join our community. COME PRACTICE!
We are an intimate yoga studio with a big heart, located in Downtown Berkley, MI. Our teachings are directly from the lineage of Krishnamacharya. All classes offer depths into the philosophy of yoga through references of The Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali's Yoga Sutra.
Asana, posture practice, is the primary tool we use to explore the mind, body and spirit. The goal: to be steady and joyful in each moment, each breath. While developing a healing relationship with the Earth.
(Click here for Class Schedule)
Breath is the primary teacher. (Meet the Teachers at the studio here)
We are made of sound + vibration.
We tune up our bodies with mantra, mantra + music that is healing.
New to Yoga? Start with a Hatha Yoga Class
STUDIO ETIQUETTE: THE STUDIO IS A SACRED + SAFE SPACE
• ENTER ONLY through FRONT door on 12 Mile Rd
• A phone free zone, turn your phone off BEFORE entering the LOBBY.
• Refrain from eating 2 hrs prior to class
• Arrive 10 minutes before class
• Arrive clean, no perfumes, or heavy scents (this includes smoke)
• Classes start on time + doors lock
• Leave personal items in TRANSITIONROOM (keys, phone, purse)
• Observe Silence in studio space
• Bring your yoga mat (we do have mats you can use if needed)
• Bring a towel if you tend to sweat